Despite 2020 being a very testing year for businesses in general, with a global pandemic, local and national lockdowns, here at Fenix Battery Recycling Ltd we are making positive froward strides with our business.
Given that we work with partners all over the world, national lockdowns and other restrictions have made this a challenging year. But, a challenge that we have been tackling head on and we have some great news to share.
· We are happy to announce our alkaline plant is up and running! We had an issue in delivery with one of the conveyor belts which meant we had to order a replacement. All sorted now! We know the plant is ready to operate and are just waiting for the green light to start shredding material.
· Our permit application is in process. As soon as it is issued, we’ll be shouting it out from the rooftops.
· We have made technology development partnerships with Birmingham and Cambridge Universities. Expect innovation and scaling up of new and exciting value propositions in the battery recycling space.
· We have been in talks with producers, recyclers and producer compliance schemes to start putting recycling projects together for 2021. We are ready for the post-COVID, post-BREXIT trading environment.
· Our team has grown, both in the warehouse and in the office, welcoming a new Finance Controller and a new Business Development Executive.
We are working tirelessly in the background developing new and innovative recycling technologies and systems that we will be bringing to market soon.
As a company we are taking all steps necessary to help safeguard our team and our customers in these testing times and we are looking forward to welcoming you (as soon as it is practically possible) at our new facility.